7.08.2010

It's OK to Make Mistakes

While interviewing a potential intern recently, she asked "how do you avoid making mistakes with your collection?" My answer is you cannot avoid making mistakes. Today, I noticed several mistakes I made, fabric choices, colors not looking right... I was a soo disappointed in myself. I am my own worst critic, and I'm infamous for putting a lot of pressure on myself because I know I can do better. After figuring out how to "Make It Work", I went back to the drawing board and EDITED what I had. It almost felt like I was starting over, but at the end of my day I realized I am not perfect and this is all apart of the process. It IS OK to make mistakes (try to avoid them if possible), but realize that the world will not end because you chose the wrong shade of green.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...